Subject: [Leica] Leciaflex SL and 35-70 f3.5 German
From: Tom.Henson@bakerbotts.com
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 14:18:29 -0600

Hello,

I would like to thank all of those that responded to my question about
whether the 28-70 ROM lens would work on a Leicaflex SL.

I found out that you can not mount any rom lenses and this is helpful to
know. Some also pointed out their source and I appreciate this so that I
know where to get information like this in the future.

which fits perfectly. The manual even states that it can be used on all R
cameras and all SL/SL2's.

I have two more questions to those that either have this lens or this
camera.

Where can I find an eyecup for it.

I asked a gentleman at Wallstreet camera at the time I bought the lens and
he didn't think the R eye cup would work. He said he would send one if it
did. He did not, so I must assume it will not fit.

Second, the front lens barrel has a little play or wobble when the barrel is
fulling extended to the closet setting of 1 meter.

Is this normal in an older lens, or should I have it checked. Both the focus
ring and the zoom ring are silky smooth.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help me.

Tom Henson

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Leciaflex SL and 35-70 f3.5 German)
Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Leciaflex SL and 35-70 f3.5 German)