Subject: Re: [Leica] Leciaflex SL and 35-70 f3.5 German
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 14:21:20 -0800

Tom.Henson wrote:
>>> Second, the front lens barrel has a little play or wobble when the
barrel is
> fulling extended to the closet setting of 1 meter.
>
> Is this normal in an older lens, or should I have it checked. Both the
focus
> ring and the zoom ring are silky smooth.<<<<

Hi Tom,
I have one and it does the same slight wobble fully extended, but doesn't
appear to make any difference to image quality and mine is a work horse in
daylight situations.

Although I must say that a short time after I purchased mine back in '93 the
wobble became quite noticeable and I was ticked right off, sent into Leica
saying I hadn't purchased a Leica lens to have it fall apart on the camera.

They did whatever magic they did and it came back perfect, has worked like a
charm, even though as I say there is a tad bit of wobble these days fully
extended. I suppose if you are seriously concerned, better a call to Leica
NJ, if you're in the USA, and they will give you the definitive answer as to
whether it requires service or not.
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant