Subject: [Leica] Re: Develoment Help!
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 14:38:47 -0800

>On Wednesday, February 27, 2002, at 03:45 PM, Andrew Touchon wrote:
>>Hello Group,
>>
>>I'm going to attempt to develop 35mm B&W film and I need some help on
>>getting started.  I will not be printing, just developing the negatives and
>>then scanning them into digital format.
>>
>>As a neophyte, I would appreciate any recommendations you have concerning
>>easy to use B&W film and associated chemicals to for general purpose
>>photography i.e.. photos of people and things in natural light, ASA range of
>>50 to 400.

D-76 1:1 (one part mixed concentrate to one part water) is the industry
standard. Has been for decades. Can't miss. Produces great results.

Agfa APX-100 (ISO 100) for 14 min at 68°.

Tri-X (ISO 400) for 12 min at 68°.

Fuji Neopan 1600 (ISO 1600) for 10 min at 68°.

Fuji Neopan 1600 (ISO 3200) in straight D76 for 18 min at 68°. (contrast city!)

Invert the tank a couple of times each minute.

Pour developer down the drain when finished.

Rinse a couple of water rinses.

Fix for 4 minutes in rapid fixer without hardener.

Return fixer to bottle.

Wash for 20-30 minutes.

Put film (not the reels) in distilled water with a few drop of Photoflo
mixed in, for a minute or so.

Hang to dry.

Replies: Reply from "Andrew Touchon" <atouchon@cox.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Develoment Help!)
Reply from Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> ([Leica] Re: Re: Develoment Help!)