Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Meter discrepancies
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 07:33:47 -0700

Just as the man with two watches does not know the time, too many exposure
meters can have the same effect on your exposures. A meter does not actually
display exposure. It displays a reading from which we are able extrapolate
the proper exposure using personal experience. Meters commonly have
different tonal range readings and colour sensitivities. The important thing
is to learn how to use what you have. If you do not limit your options, you
will have a difficult time mastering your equipment.

Many people and reviewers say that meters can be fooled by certain lighting
situations. Perhaps they did not get the exposure they were after but they
also picked the wrong fool.

John Collier