Subject: RE: [Leica] Pondering an R8
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 15:22:57 -0500

> I wonder if the people who complain about the size of a R8 have actually
> compared them to the pro level cameras of the competion.  A R8 with motor
> is smaller and lighter than an EOS 1V with booster or a Nikon F5.
>
> Regards,
>
> Robert

That may be true, Robert, but the EOS 1v with booster has a faster motor -
and I believe the F5 does as well, but I could be wrong on that - and has
far, far more features and versatility than an R8. Granted, there are some
people who don't want the features - many of whom are on this list. But
generally, while people now expect pro level autoeverything SLR's to be
tanks, they don't expect that in what is, essentially, a manual camera with
a motor.

B. D.