Subject: Re: [Leica] Pondering an R8
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 14:49:53 -0600

icommag@toad.net (Steve LeHuray)2/28/023:14 PM

> the design of the R8 looks frumpy
> and comes across as looking bulky.

Just curious: have you "used" an R8 for at least half a day?

For me this was the sell. The camera feels wonderful in my hands
after half a day of hard shooting and all the controls feel like
they couldn't be placed any better. The first SLR I've used which
did not cause cramping in the hands, wrists, fingers. Perfect
(for me).

However I also think it "looks" quite beautiful - but that's
secondary to how it feels and functions in the hands.

George