Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica spotting
From: "Karina Klaas" <shutterbug@iinet.net.au>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 08:46:24 +1100

I was told the same by a young Leica salesman who lived in Germany for a
year.  He said that people literally stopped you in the street or in
cathedrals when they saw you had a Leica around your neck whereas here in
Perth, Australia people assume its a 60 year old $20 camera (which suits me
right down to the ground after trying street photography with an F5, SB-28
speedlight attached to a flash bracket. (no wonder everyone avoided me).