Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctlix Lens Hood out of alignment on new lens
From: "Karina Klaas" <shutterbug@iinet.net.au>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 21:35:50 +1100

Hi John,

I was reluctant to send my lens back for fear of having to wait months for
it to be returned but after talking with Leica agent he has offered to
totally replace my Noctilux lens with a new one so that cuts down time
without one - this is the only lens I have so no Noctilux means no working
camera.

Has anyone out there had a problem identical to this - misaligned lens hood
on the new Noctilux lens - the Australian agent says he has seen one or two
cases identical and the reason they are replacing lens is because they have
to send them back to Germany to get fixed.

I am happy because turn around time is reduced - but am really surprised to
come across such an obvious fault with a brand new lens that costs a small
fortune - goes to show defects are not restricted to cheap items.

Karina