Subject: Re: [Leica] Arne's PAW #9 (+ previous PAWs) for 2002
From: "Rei Shinozuka" <shino@panix.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 11:31:16 -0500 (EST)

> From: Arne Helme <Arne.Helme@stelvio.nl>
>

> PAW #9 is a scene from the old Gravensteen castle in the centrum of
> Gent.  I liked the light is the old castle hall but felt that I needed to add
> something in order to make a nice composition.  I decided to wait until
> Cindy left the hall though the doorway.
>
> http://helme.stelvio.nl/paw2002/paw09.html

i like the james-whale lighting and textures.  there's quite a bit of
darkness on the left third i cannot make out on my monitor.  much as i
dislike verticals, i might have attempted a vertical in this case
to get the vaulted ceilings and the stone floor and foregone that
left side.

- -rei

- --
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com