Subject: RE: [Leica] MOVIE LEICA SIGHTING - 'We Were Soldiers"
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 20:18:19 -0700

> Well, that's a grand idea, Tim.  But who is this fellow and where do I
> contact him?  Do you have an e-mail address?
>
> Marc

I see you have the address Marc. From a slightly out of date (note the
Clinton reference!) Resume

http://dirckhalstead.org/halstead/resume.html

And also at  http://dirckhalstead.org/
(I think he may be updating the march edition right now/)

Don't know if you read Time - do you remember the well known photo of
Lewinsky hugging Clinton?

That was Dircks, and he used it as a good example of why we should keep
control of our originals (and also, to some extent, film over digital). He
took the shot many months before the whole Lewinsky thing blew, at just
"another White House Event". As a result, what he had was a sort of
subconscious memory of seeing Lewinsky "in his viewfinder". After much
searching he found the image in a box of outtakes that had never been filed.
As a result, he has suggested that if we photograph enough, he's sure we
keep a sort of subliminal memory of the images we see in our viewfinders...