Subject: Re: [Leica] now off list: Lighthouse.
From: Mark Cohen <markc@binaryfaith.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 19:52:07 -0800 (PST)

Christer,

I haven't really sold too many. For the most part I don't show them much
except for to this list. :)  I pass the cafe on the 101 between Willits,
CA and San Francisco.. Its a small, warm cafe with a really nice owner. I
noticed that they had local artists display work there and talked to the
owner. Once he saw some of my photos, he wanted to show them there. I
framed a few of them and we put them on the walls 2 weeks ago.. I got a
call from him a few days ago telling me that one of his regulars loved the
shot and wanted to buy a copy... Thats how I sold it. :)

As for criticism, I don't mind it at all. In fact I rather appreciate it.
Asking someone to explain why you should look at it isn't really criticism
as much as insult.. Kind of like "Wow, my 9 year old child can do better
then that with finger paints.." Criticism would have been more like,
"hmm. your photograph is nicely executed, but I don't seem to be able to
see a meaning in it. Maybe it would have been better if the weather were a
little different, more clouds maybe.. It would have more atmosphere then"
:)

I went to art school.. (BFA in photography) So I guess you could say that
I've had a lot of experience in critique. :)  If I hear another "I don't
like how you used your negative space here" line Im going to scream I
think.. ;)

Anyway, no harsh feelings :)

- --Mark C