Subject: Re: [Leica] Shutter Release Lag
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 22:18:49 -0800 (PST)

Jim Brick wrote:

If you see what you want to photograph, push the release, and miss what

you wanted to get, the lag is too long. If you got it, the lag is OK.
If you got what happened before what you wanted, the lag is too little.
LOL!

FWIW, I have had far more than my fair share of success taking
snapshots from the window of a moving vehicle with my M6TTL. This
continues to surprize me, since there have been many times when I was
convinced that I must have missed what I was trying to capture. On the
other hand, when I use an SLR under the same circumstances I fail to
get what I want more often than not. This has convinved me that the
short lag-time of the M shutter can be a very real benefit.

(I realize, by the way, that shooting from a car window is not the
ideal way to go about the business but in Indonesia it's not always
practical or sensible to get out and find a good vantage point.)

Regards,

=====
Ray