Subject: Re: [Leica] 60/2.8 vs 100/2.8 R macro
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 21:16:02 -0500

At 08:44 PM 3/4/02 +0000, you wrote:
>Is it a visible difference in photos taken by 60/2.8 or 100/2.8 macro R
>lenses?
>According to many reviews both are great performers. 100/2.8 macro is a
>newer design. Does anyone has or had both and can tell me a photo
>differences, if any?
>I know, there is a difference in price, weight, distance from subject to
>lens in max magnification…
>
>Thank you,
>Victor

Victor -

I have them both and use them both.  They are wonderful lenses.  The 100
Macro is really special and if you can only afford one, I would get that
one first.  It is a lot heavier than the 60, however, so if weight is a
consideration, keep that in mind.  For most things that you want to take a
macro photo of, you will appreciate the little extra distance of the 100
macro.  I use the 60 a lot for making copy photos.  You can go wrong with
either.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com