Subject: Re: [Leica] Sensitivity of Leica Meter compared to M6 meter
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 07:43:44 -0700

Unfortunately you are not accounting in mechanical limitations. Regardless
of sensitivity, you cannot set your M6 to f1 and 4s. You may be able to
adjust your film speed and interpolate such a reading but, as you are so
close to the limits of the meter, I doubt it.

The lowest reading possible on a MR-4 at an ISO of 100 and the speed set to
1/2 is f1.4.

The MR is a dual range meter with a calculator to get the right settings.
The lowest reading you can register in the red channel is 0.15 Footlamberts
or 1.6 Apostibs.

I am sure there are simple formulas to convert this into EV.

John Collier