Subject: [Leica] M3 and airport security
From: Craig Zeni <clzeni@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 16:37:54 -0500

While M3s are a discussion item...

Flew out of New York's LaGuardia today...my 'travel' camera is my battered
M3 that I bought from a fellow Lugger in Denmark - missing vulcanite bits,
doinked top, scratches, etc.  But that camera with a collapsible M mount
Elmar and a beat-up Canon lens cap is as compact as anything and of course
takes great photos.  It lives in the side bag of my briefcase.

Upon occasion it will cause a bit of consternation at Xray...today was such
a day.  Operator stops the belt, pokes the guy next to him and say in the
finest Brooklyn accent, "What da hell izzat?"  Other guy, same accent,
replies, "It's a clip."  First guy stares at him.  Second guy says, "You
know - for ammunition."

Needless to say, they hand inspected my bag...young lady doing the
inspection was perplexed, especially when I extended the lens and told here
the camera was 47 years old.  No film was in it, I opened the back, showed
her, and was on my way.

- --
Craig Zeni - REPLY TO -->> clzeni at mindspring dot com
http://www.trainweb.org/zeniphotos/zenihome.html
http://www.mindspring.com/~clzeni/index.html

The Sixties ain't over till the Fat Lady gets high. - J. Garcia