Subject: Re: [Leica] Available PAW, week 9!
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 17:22:52 -0800

colin wrote:

> I reckon y'all ain't gonna wanna miss this one. :D
>
> http://www.availabledark.com/html/paw/02/paw0209.htm
>
><Snip>

I think if someones going to have a damn Canon EOS shot on his paw it
should be indicated as such in advance [OT] to those of us or are on the
Leica users group with no interest in such things and can be saved the
trouble of looking at it. It's not a rangefinder camera.

But to be a bit harsh I'm going to have to say that "alternate" shots of
the trucks with not the grill in focus but the windshield are in my
opinion not alternates at all but obvious failures.
Not having the grills in focus is plainly annoying.
Why have those in there?
Is this where the camera automatically focused at? AF issues! Who the
hell cares?

Perhaps if you brought your Noctilux along as well and gave us a
comparison to look at of the same shot....we could compare bokeh or what
ever the hell.

I have no patience at finding myself looking at Canon EOS micromotor CPU
baloney photography.
It's the opposite of what Leica is all about. The antithesis.

Looking out your "Available darkness" site i see you've got lots of
cameras to play with Colin. I'd master the use if one of them.
Your "Alternates" show us you've not come close to mastering the use of
your EOS.

Available darkness photography require the intimate awareness of every
nuance of ones specially selected equipment.
It's not about playing around with a bunch of different cameras.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org> (Re: [Leica] Available PAW, week 9!)