Subject: RE: Tim Atherton and his on-list insults - was RE: [Leica] M3 and airport security
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 22:22:21 -0500

I really don't want to belabor this on list, but even if my comment WAS
silly, what right does that give YOU or anyone, to publicly belittle me?
The answer is, it does NOT.

There is NO excuse for your bad behavior.  You certainly can disagree with
me, and that isn't ever a problem, but belittling me for asking something
that I believed was important to ME is out of line.  You claim you gave a
"silly answer" to what you called my "silly question".  That's BS.  Your
comment was NOT an answer but deliberately belittling.

Anyway, just because YOU believe my question was "silly" does not mean it
was silly.  Commenting it was silly is one thing, as that is merely your
opinion, but again, belittling me for anything is entirely out of line.

I don't see where anyone mentioned anything illegal, or suggested the
security personnel should not have spoken.  That all has nothing at all to
do with my comment.

Tim, please, cut out the crap.  If you have a problem with me, don't drag it
on to the list.  It's amazingly hypocritical of you to comment that I am
somehow "the worlds watchdog", and belittle me for my interests, yet you are
now the lists "silly comment" police.

I really don't like posting this stuff to the list, but I feel that if
someone belittles me on-list, and they keep doing so, though I have asked
them to stop their behavior, that my only recourse is to respond to them
on-list.

Austin