Subject: [Leica] Hidden Feedback...was..Re: yaBe OT
From: "DUNCAN" <0709433420@euromail.se>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 23:32:33 +0100

The one thing I don't get with ebay is that they allow people to hide their
feedback and make it not publically viewable. I'd never buy from someone
with a hidden feedback, but it's darned irritating when the beggars snipe
auctions that you have running.
They also allow "non-registered bidders", which is quite beyond me. I had a
bidder who one my auction, didn't make contact, ignored emails to his
Hotmail account and I could look up his details because he was an
"unregistered" bidder. I was seething by the time I'd beggared aound with
that for days. To make things worse, you can't leave feedback for
unregistered bidders, so I was unable to leave a comment to warn others.
Kinda defeats the entire object of the ebay policy!! Could I do anything
about it? Not a chance!! So effectively it's free forward for all those guys
to bid, not pay and continue doing so without consequence.

Right, now I'm going to beat something with a large stick for a minute!!
Back soon;-)

- -Duncan

Finally, be very careful in selecting sellers from whom you will buy. The TV
show "Good Morning America" just this morning told of increasing consumer
fraud on some of the auction sites, including eBay. They are not frauds
committed by the auction companies; sellers cook up all kinds of things, use
different names to avoid the bad "feedback" that the auction sites use to
warn people of unreliable or dishonest sellers and buyers.

Seth      LaK 9

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Hidden Feedback...was..Re: yaBe OT)