Subject: [Leica] New Items on E-Bay
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 17:59:26 -0500

At 04:33 PM 3/7/02 EST, SthRosner@aol.com wrote:
>Buying ANYTHING new on auction is truly
>nuts. UNLESS you MUST be the first kid on your block to own it. To me,
>auctions are useful ONLY for "pre-owned" items or "new old stock" items that
>are almost always collector items.

Not really an absolute truth, Seth.  There are often new items available on
e-Bay at very low prices.  The large New York discount houses sell Leica
and Zeiss and Swarovski and Optolyth and Steiner binoculars at about 85% of
their store price, and they all seem to take PayPal.  (I cannot speak for
the others, but Zeiss would seem to, well, condone this behavior, something
their regular dealers might be miffed if they thought things through.)

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!