Subject: Re: [Leica] smallest Leica lens
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 20:24:41 EST

henryting10@yahoo.com writes:

>  I'm thinking of getting the 50mm Elarmit collapsible
>  lens.
>  could someone using this lens comment on its
>  performance ?

Henry, there are a bunch of different 50mm Elmars, several f/3,5 and at least
three f/2,8. They will all produce excellent images but different
"footprints" - as Erwin would have it - than current Leica lenses. They are
all Tessar-type triplets in optical design. The best of the 50/2,8 Elmars is
the one that was first sold with the Leica M6J, an updated M3 (semi M6), and
I think is still in the Leica catalog. Which one are you considering?

Seth        LaK 9