Subject: Re: [Leica] Bad Ebay Experience - wire fees
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 10:41:43 +0100

Some people are not aware of the fact that most banks, especially in the US
(which has a totally antiquated banking system compared to Western Europe)
charge often hefty fees to receive a transfer from abroad, even if the transfer
is in the bank's home currency (US$ in this case).

When I make a transfer out of Switzerland, my bank allows me to specify whether
I want each party to carry his own fees, or whether I pay all fees, including
those on the receiving end. It is just a matter on selecting the right radio
button (like all other banking business, I do this via PC from the comfort of my
den). I always select the latter option so that the seller has no unpleasant
surprises.

Nathan