Subject: RE: [Leica] Recommended reading on photographers
From: BOB KRAMER <BobKramer@COOPERCARRY.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 12:45:51 -0500

Amazon.com is the way to go.  Hassle free shopping with nice discounts as
well.  There are a million great photography books out there, but two recent
books a just got from amazon are:

http://www.australiagift.com/sale/scrotum_1.htm

That link is to Suburbia by Bill Owens, a re-release of the early '70s
classic showing a marvelously intimate look at what was then an incredibly
naive and pervasive experiment in planning that has resulted in near
destruction of the urban fabric of our nation, in search of the mythical
"American Dream".  But I digress.  And Mr. Owens's photos are not nearly as
judgmental as I am (which is one reason they are so damn good).  Great
Stuff!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/390824742X/qid=1015607842/sr=2-1/ref=
sr_2_1/102-5681572-2777757

This link is to Boris Mikhailov: The Hasselblad Award 2000.  On serious
sale, at $11.99 so cheap you can't afford NOT to buy this book!  ;-)  I have
just recently heard of this Russian photographer.  John Brownlow says his
stuff makes Eggleston look like Norman Rockwell, so I *had* to check him
out.  Very moving.  Subtle and powerful.  You guys will probably hate it.  I
want Unfinished Dissertation next.

BK