Subject: RE: [Leica] re: photography on Nightline tonight
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@picturedesk.org>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 19:20:21 -0700

Meyerowitz started of as a Street Photographer (and to some extent I think
still considers himself to be one even when using 8x10).

He also wrote the book on Street Photography - a great Lug pastime -
Bystander; A History of Street Photography.

In addition to which he still runs (think so anyway..) what is supposed to
be an excellent 35mm 2 week workshop in Tuscany, Italy, which is, if  recall
correctly, very much geared towards colour SP and "Leica type" photography
(you all know what I mean, so don't start arguing about it).

Some interesting interviews with him and articles etc at:

http://www.joelmeyerowitz.com/

Including a good NPR interview on the Sept 11 work.

tim a

BTW - I don't get cable, sounds like the slot on Nightline was good.