Subject: [Leica] was the PAW kyle's idea of a joke?
From: "kyle cassidy" <kcassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 21:57:01 -0800

>Jeff, if I may just step in here for a moment--
>
>Cassidy, you bozo, you have the obligation to state in clear terms
>whether you initiated the PAW as a joke, or on the uppity-up.
>We're waiting, Kyle--get your butt away from those nudies and stop up to
>he microphone.
>
>Alan

well, as i've said numerous times, the PAW wasn't my idea. there was a
thread on the LUG end of 1999 where a bunch of people were saying "hey,
wouldn't it be great to do a picture every week and put it up on the web"
and all sorts of people were chiming in that this was a great idea, but come
new years day 2k, i was the only one with an image up. (sort of like in 1987
when Van Halen all said "hey, let's shave our heads after practice tonight!"
and the next morning Alex showed up bald as an egg with the rest of the band
pointing and laughing: "he actually did it!") i kept going, and so did bob
kramer, who was doing a series on an intersection in his home town (if i
remember correctly). so, it may have been a joke, but if it was, alas, it
wasn't mine. (my jokes are a little more heavy handed and not as subtle --
think leica-h) i think it was kirk tuck on the LEG (which i don't subscribe
to, so i don't know for sure) who speculated that the whole thing was a
cruel joke. and even if it was -- did you take more pictures this year than
last? now if i bought a tilly hat _that_ would be a joke. in any event, i
expect to be subpoenad soon in the enron hearings, you can save the rest of
your questions inre the PAW for when i'm under oath; feel free to submit
them to your congressperson.

remember class, every time you press that shutter button, your
cost-per-image goes down. (as long as there's film in the camera, i should
point out)

kc