Subject: RE: [Leica] Rangefinder Whiteout Problem - The Answer from Leica
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 10:27:08 -0500

While I know some people have said that they believe the coating on the M7
solves the flare problem, I would point out that Erwin Puts stated in his
newsletter that the coating improves the situation, but is NOT the final
fix. That being the case, I would certainly urge anyone considering shipping
their M6 off for a set of replacement windows ;-) to FIRST go to a dealers
and TRY to get the M7 rangefinder to flare by exposing it to the kind of
light sources that now cause you problems with your M6. If it doesn't flare,
then go for the 'upgrade.' If it does flare, the  go get a role of 3M
Durapore. ;-)

B. D.