Subject: [Leica] Inside of lens too dirty?
From: Tristan Tom <tristan@tristantom.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 05:35:48 -0800

I have a 35 Summicron M that I got used and when shining a flashlight
through it from the front, I notice tiny specs on the inside of the rear
surface. They look almost like oil from the blades might have evaporated
onto the lens surface, or perhaps tiny dust specs.

Is this anything to worry about in terms of affecting image quality? Or, am
I being too uptight? I certainly don't notice any quality difference
between other lenses.
The exception is that my Summicron 50 seems sharper. But I haven't noticed
anything taken with the 35 that made me say that there must be something
wrong with the lens. Part of it I don't know what to look for. The photos
taken with this lens seem fine to me but I wonder if they would be better
by having it cleaned...

Replies: Reply from Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net> (Re: [Leica] Inside of lens too dirty?)
Reply from "Grant Heffernan" <streetphoto1975@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] Inside of lens too dirty?)