Subject: Re: [Leica] Inside of lens too dirty?
From: Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 15:08:34 +0100

If the lens has been out of use for a long time before you got it it,
chances are that those tiny dust specs will increase  in  number as
you use the lens. This happened to me. The specs are probably
rub-offs from the aperture blade. My experience is that when the
number of specs gets to two dozen or more, then image quality
suffers. I had my lens cleaned by an independent repair shop doing
jobs for my authorized Leica dealer. They did not manage to put the
lens back together the way it should be, so I sent it back. Came back
with another problem so I sold the lens. I have been told that with
some versions of this lens it is difficult to put the aperture blades
back, but that was not the problem I encountered. You may wish to
consider getting rid of it before the problems develops further and
the lens may drop in value.