Subject: Re: [Leica] Thinking about a Voigtlander 90
From: Photo Phreak <leicam4pro@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 16:03:22 -0800 (PST)

- --- Tristan Tom <ttom@ilm.com> wrote:
> I'm thinking about purchasing the Voigtlander 90 Lanthar
> lens for my M6 to
> shoot fashion portraits with. Does anyone have any links
> reviews/examples of this lens? Or, have any comments
> themselves about it?
> It's between this lens and the Leica Elmarit-M 90, which
> even used is
> substantially more money.
> --

    Are you talking about commercially, or for hobby
photos?

1.  You need to consider depth of focus.
2.  You need to consider lighting intensity.
3.  Are you planning primarily b&w, color, or both.
4.  Are you planning photographic proccess prints or
    computer printing?
5.  Will retouching be necessary?

    As you can see, cost is only a small part of the
equation for the decision.