Subject: RE: [Leica] price of art prints (was re: kyle's fine art)
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 22:00:51 -0700

> I, too, would love nothing better than to "work as a fulltime
> photographer" for a living - the reality is - it is my profession as an
> accountant that provides the standard of living that allows me to do
> things like buying a Leica - so I think that is a sacrifice in itself -
> ie. getting up every day and doing "the duty work" - if I was able to get
> some pleasure out of selling any work, even at a reduced rate, it would
> making the getting out of bed as an accountant more of a pleasure.
>
> Karina

Ah Karina,

different philosophies of life - I would rather die than have to "do the
duty" work... I'm on my third career - photographer. And the previous two
were work I did because it was what I wanted to do and something I loved
doing at the time. I've never made the "big bucks" - similar amounts in all
three careers - but I work doing something I enjoy, so it isn't really work
(apart from having to do my books and taxes :-)   ).  I'd rather be happy!

tim