Subject: RE: [Leica] re: Rapid Winders -TOTALLY ON TOPIC
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 23:16:35 -0800 (PST)

Austin Franklin wrote:
> According to the
> winder designer the basket is not necessary for proper function.

Hi Mark,

Well, perhaps he knows better than Leica, but I KNOW that without the
basket, the film CAN get misaligned, and not advance, and that chance
is less likely with the basket in place.  Yes, if one religiously
checks that it is aligned with the sprockets, and checks that the
rewind knob spins, you won't have any problems.

I think I read somewhere (LUG?), months ago, that damage to the camera
can result from not using the basket . . . something to do with
providing support to the bottom end of the "tulip"

Regards,

=====
Ray