Subject: Re: [Leica] A Second Body
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 23:57:23 -0800 (PST)

Frank Filippone wrote:

> I was wondering what might be the LUG's (multiple)
> opinion about choice of a
> second body, if you carry around 2 bodies....  For
> the sake of clarity,
> please note your primary body as well.  For those
> with many bodies (
> multiple Leica disorder?), I suggest you state your
> combinations of bodies
> that you use...

Frank,

I have only two M6 TTL bodies:

* a .58 body that is dedicated to my Tri-Elmar lens
* a .72 body that I use with my 50/1.4 Summilux or 90/2.8 Elmarit.

I've also ordered a 1.25x magnifier for use with the .72 body (I've
been eagerly awaiting its arrival for the last 3 months). This seems to
me to be a pretty flexible arrangement for back-up.

I have no experience with any other M models and I'd probably find it
confusing to mix M6 TTL with an earlier M, because of the different
shutter speed dial size and direction of rotation.

Regards,

=====
Ray