Subject: Re: [Leica] How can I use a non-TTL flash on shutter speeds less than the flash sync speed?
From: "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@clearsightusa.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 10:23:13 -0800

Albert,

when it comes to electronic flash, the shutter speed has no bearing on the
amount of exposure.
As long as the shutter speed is at the synch point or below, the amount of
light will always be the same at a given lens opening.

This is because the flash duration is always shorter than the shutter speed,
usually 1/600 sec to 1/1000 or less.

In fact the shutter could be set at "B", and the amount of light reaching
the film would not be greater than at 1/4 sec etc.

Joe Codispoti