Subject: Re: [Leica] Camera Shake
From: "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@clearsightusa.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 14:54:50 -0800

Michael,

aside of the obvious - faster film, faster shutter speed, flash - there are
techniques borrowed from marksmen for target shooting.

In a sitting position (your daughter's level) use your elbows on your knees
for a steady platform.
Practice controlled breathing. A steady breath makes you steadier. Try to
hold your breath at the moment of pressing the shutter release.

Hold your camera in your palm of your left hand with thumb, index, and
middle fingers to set controls on the lens, and the right hand gripping the
camera with index on the release button. Press the camera firmly against the
forehead. SQUEEZE   the release button gently (in the excitement of
capturing the "moment", you may be jerking the camera).

There is one more trick you may explore - a tripod. A table-top tripod
pressed against your chest, one that would allow you to hold the camera at
eye level.

Joe Codispoti

From: "Michael Gerard" <geeman1066@earthlink.net>