Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS: Rapid Winders - ON TOPIC .....DON'T YOU?
From: "John R. Fulton Jr." <JRFjr@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 13:21:56 -0600

>>>Yes, if one religiously checks that it is aligned with the sprockets, and
>>checks that the rewind knob spins, you won't have any problems.<<<

>But don't you folks do this religiously everytime you load a roll? Basket or
>not? And it doesn't matter what camera it is.
>ted

Ted--
Thanks for asking that question because I was wondering it too?
When I was a teenager learning all about my Leica I always loaded
both rows of sprockets on both sets of sprocket holes (remember those
long snakey film leaders -- when did those disappear in the 1970's?).
Anyway you HAD to do that with the M2, but when I got my M4 and then
the M6 I always continued to snug the film up so that both sets of
sprockets were engaged. Then close the back and make sure the rewind
knob is going around. Yeah, I guess I'm the kinda guy who would wear
a belt with my suspenders.
John Fulton
Fort Worth

Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> ([Leica] WAS: Rapid Winders - ON TOPIC .....DON'T YOU?)