Subject: RE: [Leica] Absolutely, totally off-topic
From: Victor Tavernini <victor6@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 08:01:40 -0800 (PST)

Let's not forget what the 'Evil Empire' did ... bought
SoftImage (the fabulous maker of high-end animation &
video software which used to run exclusively on SGI)
... made them port to Windows NT ... and then sold the
company ...

I'm not arguing pro-this or anti-that ... you have a
computer to run 'applications' not to run an OS.  Buy
whatever runs the applications you want to use.

However, I will argue ... that with Adobe Photoshop
... the OS choice just doesn't matter.

And I will speak up when people spread misinformation
or out-dated information on something that I'm an
expert on.

Regards,

Victor Tavernini

Doug Ford <dford@san.rr.com> wrote:

I used to do field service work in L.A. Visited
Dreamworks a couple of
times, where they were using SGI boxes, rows and rows
of racks filled
with
SGI servers, to render their digital images/films at
the time.

Doug