Subject: Re: [Leica] Absolutely, totally off-topic
From: Victor Tavernini <victor6@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 18:14:47 -0800 (PST)

> I gave up my PCs for Macs as soon as my day job
allowed. I did this not
> because Macs were necessarily "bettere", but because
I wanted to live
> my daily life without any contact with Microsoft
products, and I found
> Linux too amateurish. I have a Linux system aboutg 5
feet behind me, but
> it's turned off.

Ok, so you admit you hate Microsoft ... to be honest
so do I ...

> What I discovered is that Mac OS X is the sweetest,
most reliable,
> cleanest, nicest client operating system imaginable.
I didn' expect that. I
> expected it to be every bit as buggy as Windows but
not have the stench
> of Microsoft.

"sweetest, most reliable, cleanest, nicest"? You can
always tell a zealot when they use the same adjectives
that can describe a champion bitch at a dog show.

The whole point of my comment was to address the issue
that Windows (which is a term used to describe many
different MS products, 3.x, WFW, NT, 2000, XP, 95, 98,
ME, etc.) is buggy and to suggest to folks that have
to use Windows (and would like a 'stable' environment)
that they would do themselves good by evaluating 2000
and/or XP.

In the end ... you should use the right tool for the
job (like you said :-) ...

Regards,

Victor Tavernini