Subject: [Leica] Bartelby the Scrivener
From: Michael Gerard <geeman1066@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 11:08:17 -0600

Karina and Tim,
    "I'd prefer not to" is a recurring line of dialogue from the story.
My remark was simply a joke that someone who's read the story would get,
like Photo Phreak, not an attempt to speak for Karina and her reading
tastes, or any other woman's reading taste, for that matter...
As an aside, Karina, it was one of my favorite stories in college;
typical Melville fare, not light, but brilliantly crafted.
Michael Gerard
geeman1066@earthlink.net