Subject: [Leica] Single Malt Scotch and Flatbed Scanners
From: Michael Gerard <geeman1066@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 22:28:49 -0600

Nathan,
    While I am a big fan of Lagavulin, I must say that my single malts
of choice at home are Glenrothes and The Balvenie, especially the twelve
year old Double Wood. Both Speysides, so they are a bit more mellow than
the island scotches.   Don't despair; this can be an opportunity to try
a few new single malts.
    I'm not sure if discussing single malts is now considered on topic,
given the frequency  of its appearance on the LUG...but I actually need
to solicit some advice.  I'm looking for a fairly inexpensive flatbed
scanner that will do a decent job with negatives and/or slides as well
as prints.  I need a flatbed for other jobs, so a film scanner won't
work.  The Microtek Scanmaker 4800 seems to be well-reviewed, has
attachments for doing slides and negatives and retails for less than
$100.  Anyone use this one?  Thanks for any help you can give me.
Regards,
Michael Gerard
geeman1066@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from Joe Leung <jcyleung8@shaw.ca> ([Leica] Re: Re-Covering of Leica Bodies)