Subject: [Leica] McCurry's Afghan Girl
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 11:55:19 -0700

Regarding the story of Steve McCurry and Nat Geo tracking down the blue eyed
Afghan girl from his well known picture, I've always wondered, did McCurry
ever get her (or her parents I guess) to sign any form of release?

National Geographic, the magazine aside, must have made a bundle of money
off her - book covers, video covers, postcards, posters, advertising etc.
All of which would normally need a release.

I winder how much of this they are going to channel back to her now, after
the hard life she has led.

tim a

Replies: Reply from Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com> (Re: [Leica] McCurry's Afghan Girl)
Reply from "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@clearsightusa.com> (Re: [Leica] McCurry's Afghan Girl)