Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Bag Addict
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 21:48:12 -0800

Henry Ting wrote:

> On the contrary Karina. I found I have more bags
><Snip>
>
> --- Karina Klaas <shutterbug@iinet.net.au> wrote:
> > I read an article somewhere that said photographers
> > usually have more bags
> > then Imelda Marcos has shoes - I was amused because
> > my friends refer to me
> > as the bag lady - thats about to change - I am
> > becoming a minimalist, thanks
> > to Leica- no more clutter/baggage.
> >
> > "Have camera, will travel."
> >
> > Karina

I got a new bag today.

I got a Lowe-Pro Omni Sport! Old sport!
It's  like a soft black lunchbox for your Leica.
http://www.lowepro.com/pages/bySeries/omni.htm#

It fits into a little Pelican 1400 hard-shell.
So you get that bag within a bag effect.
Just in case you some to a sudden stop.
Like say against a MOUNTAIN.

Inner dimensions
9.75W x 4D x 8H in. (25 x 10 x 20.5 cm)
External dimensions
11.5W x 5D x 7.5H in. (29 x 12.5 x 19)
Weight
1 lb. 6 oz (624 g)

and you can wear it like a belt.

It also looks like it'd fit in a glove compartment.

I'm going to try it out tomorrow
other then the camera with lens compartment there are FIVE other
compartments for lenses or film or cracker jacks.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com