Subject: [Leica] Color negative film
From: "Oliver Bryk" <oliverbryk@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 10:00:01 -0800

Marc Attinasi asked about favorite color negative films.
Long ago I standardized my color work in 120 and 135 on Agfa Optima 100.
Agfa Vista 100 is an acceptable alternative when Optima is not available. I
made my choice after trying out several color negative films in the Colorado
Plateau area, with its blue skies, reddish sandstone, and occasional white
clouds; and in the High Sierra, with its granite, clouds, water, and trees.
To my eyes, professional enlargements from Agfa Optima give accurate color
rendition without exaggerated contrast.
I used an ISO 25 Kodak film once; it had excellent detail and color
rendition but ISO 25 is too slow for landscape work when f/22 is needed to
obtain maximum depth of field and the slightest puff of wind will blur that
blade of grass in the foreground...
Oliver Bryk