Subject: SV: [Leica] Re: OT Wandering: Motor Scooters
From: "DUNCAN" <0709433420@euromail.se>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 23:30:56 +0100

Joe,
I don't know about in your part of the world, but in Sweden, the below
statement is way off and far from correct.
Even my Triumph 900cc Adventurer from '99 was several times cheaper to run,
vitually repair free when taken care of, insurance was four times cheaper
and road tax 3 times cheaper. I'm comparing to the costs of an old Mercedes
I used to have at the same time and to my Land Rover Defender I drive now.
There's also no charge for parking it....the list goes on. Economically, I
find it hard to understand managed to get a scooter to cost more than your
car...:-)

- -Duncan

There is no question that for maneuverability and parking they are far
better than automobiles. However, two wheel vehicles are more expensive to
maintain than automobiles, several times more. Prices for insurance, safety
equipment, tires, parts and repairs,  labor, far surpass the cost of
maintaining an economical car. But you do save on gas.