Subject: SV: [Leica] OT Wandering: Motor Scooters
From: "DUNCAN" <0709433420@euromail.se>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 23:18:59 +0100

Bob,
IMHO, Vespa is the way to go. That's your Leica, right there. There's a
certain pride attached to owning a Vespa and owners normally dote over them,
much as we do our cameras.
'Cause, will help if you like fixing and tinkering yourself..
A friend of mine, who's a little wacky, when faced with a similar situation,
bought an old bubble car; you know th ones with the all glass roof that
lifts up to get out, room for a small cat and runs on about a litre of fuel
every 600 miles:-) It was kind of a combination between his previous car and
a scooter, a "halfway house" if you like. Having said that we live in Sweden
and scootering all year round is hardly practical;-)

Good Luck, Duncan

Please pardon the off topic question here but I would appreciate some
advice, particularly from you Europeans.  Growing weary of my 15 year old
car, and not being able to afford a new one, I am considering a motor
scooter.  Would work great for zipping around the neighborhood, and even to
work in nice weather.

Trouble is, scooters are relatively new to the U.S., so I am exploring the
options blindly.  Anyone have any thoughts on the relative merits of these
brands (the ones available to me):

Vespa (150cc model)
Malaguti
Bajaj

The Vespas seem way cool with that M3 sort of retro charm, but a bit more
costly than the others.  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

BK