Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: OT Wandering: Motor Scooters
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: 14 Mar 2002 15:37:07 -0800

On Thu, 14 March 2002, Ken Wilcox wrote:

> Actually, bicycle paths are very often very dangerous places to ride a
> bicycle. You are almost always safer on the street.
>
> Ken Wilcox

Unless the thing that hits the bicycle is any larger than a motor scooter (been there, it's not safe).  In my experience the most dangerous vehicles on the street are either red full-size GM pickups or distracted moms driving screaming kids around, cell phone glued to her ear.  My theory on the pickup trucks is that the guys who buy these trucks are so full of themselves that they can't see beyond the hood.  I'd rather be hit by a Trek or Klein or even a Huffy.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe