Subject: SV: [Leica] Re: OT Wandering: Motor Scooters
From: "DUNCAN" <0709433420@euromail.se>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 00:38:40 +0100

WOW! I thought things were normally much cheaper your side of the pond.

Cheers, Duncan

I am sure you are right Duncan,

in Europe two wheeling is very inexpensive. Unfortunately, in the US things
are far different. Tires are more than double the cost for auto tires, and
hard to find at discounts. I paid $225 for a simple tune-up on my Moto Guzzi
(2 cylinders). It would have cost 1/2 for my 6-cylinder car.
A good helmet costs $300-450. Etc. etc. etc. (almost as bad as Leica
bargains).
An other factor is proper clothing. Here it is important to armor oneself
for auto drivers are either blind and/or aggressive towards motorcyclists.

Joe Codispoti