Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: OT Wandering: Motor Scooters
From: John Brownlow <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 19:36:00 -0500

On 3/14/02 klw.51@comcast.net wrote:

>Actually, bicycle paths are very often very dangerous places to ride a
>bicycle. You are almost always safer on the street.

bicycle paths at the side of the road are a positive menace since they
allow you less room than you get on a normal street. Cars pass closer and
faster and you are forced into the gutter. I truly hate them. Crushing a
car and a bike into a lane meant for a car OR a bike is so dumb, who
could think it was a good idea?

But well maintained bike paths OFF a road are great. Toronto has some of
these. The only danger is at night when dumb cyclists ride without
lights, turning themselves into missiles, or dogwalkers let their dogs
run across your path. I yell at both in fury.

- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com