Subject: RE: [Leica] OT Wandering: Motor Scooters
From: BOB KRAMER <BobKramer@COOPERCARRY.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 09:25:43 -0500

You are of course correct, Photo.  Sears I think re-badged Cushman scooters
as Allstate back in the 60s.  I was speaking more in the last 20 years time
frame.  Vespa has only been selling scooters here for the last two years,
having finally met U.S. emissions standards.

I live in Atlanta, GA in a neighborhood that was developed almost 100 years
ago.  A marvelous pedestrian friendly grid development pattern of narrow
streets that helps keep the cars in their place.  ;-)  The first 30 years of
the last century really was the golden age of urban design in the U.S.

Duncan, thanks for your thoughts.  The vespas really do look like
wonderfully made machines.  I agree, very leica like.

BK

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] OT Wandering: Motor Scooters)