Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Velvia, was Scanner Suggestions
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 10:05:57 -0500

> Jim and John - Why would you discount a film with such amazing properties
> that return a great photo where another film would absolutely fall flat? I
> don't use Velvia for portraits or for capturing the international
> orange of
> Coast Guard helicopters (Astia works great for those). But on a
> foggy day in
> the redwoods with ferns and leaves, only Velvia pulls out the
> million shades
> of green while maintaining the pure whites in the mist.

Hi Gary,

I think may be you're missing an important point.  When scanning film,
positive OR negative, you can adjust the colors so you can get ANY look you
want, providing the film has enough dynamic range to get separation in the
colors where you want it, and all of these films, if exposed and developed
properly do.

Austin

Replies: Reply from "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com> ([Leica] Re: Re: Velvia, was Scanner Suggestions)