Subject: [Leica] WAS: Motor Scooters. NOW: head bashing!
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 06:15:50 -0800

Dr. Elliot Puritz wrote:
>>> And,  as probably has been noted, wear a helmet!!!
>
> Since Florida repealed the "helmet law" last year the number of fatalities
> has climbed, and the number of disabling injuries as well.<<<<

Hi Elliot,
When I see the repeal of any helmet laws regarding motorcycle riders,
usually due to mentally challenged politicians looking for their next win at
the ballot box,  I shake my head and figure the anti-helmet crew should look
at heads and brains that have been bashed & scrambled against curbs, car
fronts and any other hard items skulls come in contact with when a biker
goes horizontal into an immovable object!

Let me assure those who are free head in the breeze wheeling riders that the
first time you look through a Leica view finder to photograph a 'thing that
was  skull holding brains," it "ain't a pretty picture!"  It will
immediately cure you of any thought of free wheeling in the breeze!

Oh yeah nearly forgot, but they make smashing great Leica colour shots
whatever lens you use. ;-)  And this one from the good doctor,  "ted do you
have colour? I need some close-ups of this part?" And out comes the 100 mm
macro and you go close! It really isn't a pretty picture!  Wear a helmet!

Take that from an old Harley rider! :-)

The only good thing that comes from no-helmet riding is a higher number of
"organ donors!" So to those who think they have the "right" to ride however
they please.  "Thank you very much for your body parts so others may have a
better life!" Obviously you didn't and or don't care about yours! Thank you.
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Message from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] OT Wandering: Motor Scooters)