Subject: Re: [Leica] I just like the Macs better.
From: "Rei Shinozuka" <shino@panix.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 14:53:50 -0500 (EST)

of course, i should have qualified that sweeping statement with: "present
company excepted." :-)

naturally, anyone creative or imaginitive enought to enjoy the virtues
of the leica is not "mindless IT management."  if IT morons were in
charge of photography, we'd all be using kodak disk cameras and forbidden
by corporate policy from using anything else.

- -rei

> From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
>
> At 03:59 PM 3/14/02 -0800, Rei wrote:
> >p.s. FYI, most "computer people"--particularly those in I.T.--are morons.
>
> Actually, Rei, we're not morons.  It's just that most of us have bosses who
> come from Finance and Administration, and have not the faintest idea what
> we do.  They spend their time figuring out increasingly diabolical and
> time-wasting ways to make us quantify our every move. Then they change it
> around so that it doesn't work.  This creates problems they can "solve" by
> making us yet more miserable.  This makes us *look* like morons, and the
> resulting cognitive dissonance often leads to cynicism, antisocial
> behavior, poor grooming, and excess consumption of pizza and root beer.
>
> Fortunately, my current boss is nothing like this. I took a picture of him
> with my Leica and a 25/4 Skopar last year (thereby cleverly making this
> digression on-topic).
>
> --Peter Klein
> Seattle, WA

- --